WHAT YOU NEED
- Caps from NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE plastic bottles
- Wooden breakfast tray (available at house ware section of home store)
- 1 quart of magnetic paint
- 1 inch flat paint brush
- Blue painter's tape (available in paint section of home stores)
- Acrylic paints
- 1 can of clear glaze (available at craft stores)
- 1 package of business size magnets (available at craft stores)
- Safety scissors
HOW TO DO IT
For the Tray:
- Paint a wooden breakfast tray with two coats of magnetic paint. Let the paint dry completely between coats.
- Apply acrylic paint over the tray.
- You can create a design by placing strips of painter's tape in a pattern on the tray. Paint the tray again (paint over the tape) with a contrasting color.
- When the paint is dry, gently remove the tape and the pattern will be revealed.
- To seal the tray, spray on a coat of clear glaze and let it dry.
For the Magnets:
- Wash and dry several NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE caps.
- Draw circles on the magnet sheets using a juice cap as a pattern.
- Glue a magnet to the top of each cap. Let dry.
- These magnets secure drawing paper or activity sheets to the tray.
- The magnets also make great checkers or tic-tac-toe game pieces.
- Paint one side of your child's marker or crayon box with magnetic paint. The box will now stay in place on the tray, even when the car is moving.
FOLLOW UP FUN
- Here are additional activities that your family can do while you are traveling:
I Spot a State
Back to top
ABC Road Games
Take-Along Travel Pillow