WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 black headband
- ½ yard or remnant piece of faux fur fabric
- 1 sheet of black craft foam
- Craft glue gun
- Safety scissors
- 12-inch length of 1-inch-wide black ribbon
- 6-inch length of narrow (1/8-inch) black ribbon
- Silver jingle bell (1-inch in diameter)
- Black sweatpants and sweatshirt
- 2-foot length of black boa (available at fabric stores)
- 1 safety pin
- 1 sheet or package of velcro® dots
HOW TO DO IT
- Print out the ear template.
- Cut out two ears from black craft foam.
- Create the cat’s ears by wrapping the craft foam cut-outs on either side of the top of the headband. Glue in place.
- For an added feline touch, cut out additional ear cut-outs from the faux fur and glue on top of the craft foam.
- To make a cat collar, wrap the 1 inch wide ribbon loosely around your child’s neck, leaving a 1-inch overlap.
- Place a self-adhesive Velcro® dot on each end of the ribbon to secure.
- Tie a jingle bell to the front of the collar with the narrow black ribbon.
- For a fluffy tail, pin a length of black boa to the back of your child’s sweatpants. Trim off any excess so your cat won’t trip!
FOLLOW UP FUN
Here are suggestions for additional “No Sew” costumes:
"No Sew" Pirate Costume
Back to top
"No Sew" Playing Cards Costume
"No Sew" Tropical Fish Costume
"No Sew" Dracula Costume
"No Sew" Princess Costume