WHAT YOU NEED
- 9 - NESQUIK 16 oz. Ready-To-Drink bottles
- Paint pens: red, blue, green, purple and orange
- 1 package of rubber bands
- White rice
- Rubber playground ball
HOW TO DO IT
- Wash, dry and remove the labels from 9 NESQUIK Ready-To-Drink bottles.
- Place one rubber band around bottle, three inches from the bottom. Place another rubber band around the bottle, two inches from the top, then another one inch from the top. The rubber bands will form the "lines" that you paint between.
- Use a red paint pen to color in the area of the bottle below the lowest rubber band. Let it dry, about 30 minutes. Color in the area between the two top rubber bands with the red paint pen, let dry for 30 minutes. When completely dry, you can remove the rubber bands.
- Fill the bottle with white rice. Then put the lid on tight.
- Do the same for each bottle. Be sure to make two bottles of each color.
HOW TO PLAY
- Set up the nine bottles in a triangle pattern.
- Using a rubber playground ball, stand 4 to 6 feet away from the bottles. Younger children can stand closer.
- Take turns rolling the ball to try and knock over the bottles. Let each player have 5 turns.
- The player who knocks over the most pins is the winner!
If the weather is rainy, set the bowling game up in the garage, covered patio or at the end of a hallway in the house.
FOLLOW UP FUN
Back to top
Take your kids to your local bowling alley. Most bowling alleys have tubes that are placed in each gutter so that the children can play a fun game without worrying about "gutter balls".